Wednesday 22 August 2012

Knitting for little ones...


A good friend of my from school had a baby last month in Australia. For some reason, I had been certain that R was having a baby girl. So, I was very organised and knitted a little newborn cardigan for the the baby in preparation for 'her' arrival (it is winter in Australia, so a long-sleeved cardigan would've been appropriate). However, 'she' proved to be a 'he', so I needed to re-think my gift to welcome his arrival...

This week I finally made my way to Peter Jones to pick up some little mother of pearl buttons in order to finish this project. The pattern is called Kina (long-sleeve version) and comes from a French knitting site called Kids-Tricots (they have some lovely patterns). I used Debbie Bliss baby cashmarino wool in a lovely pink-lilac colour.

So now it is ready and waiting for the next friend who actually has a baby girl!

3 comments:

  1. Just the mention of Peter Jones is making me miss London. Such a pretty cardigan, and I love the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Such a sweet addition to the layette!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful little sweater! Perhaps someday I will learn to knit :) Thanks for nice comments today on the gilded table!

    p.s. Did you know your "reply to" e-mail address is hidden when you leave comments on other blogs? Just makes it a little harder for people to track you down to reply or say thanks. Thought I'd let you know in case you wanted it to show up for others!

    ReplyDelete