Wednesday 17 October 2012

Randomness...


I'm having one of those weeks where my thoughts just seeming to be whirling around in a random manner. Here's a taste of what my brain has looked like over the last few days...

Trying to pin down an itinerary for NYC (one week to go!) This is mainly to ensure that I make sure I have the time to tick off all the things on my list - I'm trying to be strategic by grouping things by neighbourhood to be as efficient as possible with my time...

Wondering if it is awfully shallow of me to realise that many of my must-visit items on the NYC lists are shopping-related? (to be fair it is a nice mix of fabric shops, haberdashery shops, clothes, and homewares)...

Second highest frequency item on the list is restaurants....

And I have made time for at least one afternoon at the Met in order to see the American Galleries (which I am hoping are as fabulous as the British Galleries in the V&A)...

I've discovered that obtaining and actually loading cash onto a foreign currency travelling debit card was nearly as complicated as getting my British passport...

I'm still in a little bit of shock over the events in Sunday's episode of Downton...

Who knew that I could get the food network channel on freeview in the UK??? I've now become a fan of Barefoot Contessa...which is timely as I needed something to replace the Great British Bake Off...

I had orchestra overload on the weekend...LPO performance at Royal Festival Hall on Friday night...followed up by a rehearsal for the orchestra in which I play on Sunday afternoon (in preparation for our concert this coming Saturday)...and no, our performance is not going to be anywhere near the standard of the LPO...but if anyone is near Gloucester Road on Saturday night we raise money at our concerts for health-related charities...

Still wondering what the Alec Baldwin character in the Woody Allen film To Rome with Love was all about...was anyone else confused who has seen this film??? Was he reminiscing???




No comments:

Post a Comment