Friday 11 January 2013

A sewing month...



Week two of the new year and time is already flying past! The last two weeks have seen me spending quite a bit of time at the sewing machine. A friend of mine is in the midst of exploring some new business ideas - one of which is to develop a retail product line (bags/accessories etc). I've been doing some work for her, sewing up some of her ideas as prototype designs for her to try and refine before she starts sourcing potential production sources. As I've never made bags before, I've been learning some new skills and have been enjoying the challenge. She is also using this as an opportunity to develop her own skills so we have also included a few sewing lessons for her.
 
Given the continued wet weather in London it has been an enjoyable way to while away a few hours on the weekends. It has also inspired me to complete some long-planned sewing projects of my own - there is now a new summer skirt and shell top completed and ready to be packed for my trip to Sydney next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment