Saturday 12 April 2014

Adding to the capsule wardrobe...


I've been on a bit of a sewing spree lately. Late last year, I spent a couple of weekends at Sew Over It in Clapham making a 1940's wrap dress. It was such a lovely experience. So when I saw that they were advertising a new class for a lace dress, I thought it was finally a brilliant opportunity to make up the fabric I bought in Sydney (ahem...over two years ago). 


I've subsequently spent the last four Wednesday evenings being taught how to make this dress by the lovely Julie. I decided to make it with a soft beige colour lining to make more of the embellishment on the lace. The yoke and sleeves are unlined...


So, I now have a lovely new cocktail frock to add to my wardrobe.

In terms of a capsule wardrobe, the majority of my dresses are either shift dresses or wrap dresses. I do love both styles. I previously had a black and white patterned wrap dress from Banana Republic that I finally had to retire last year as after so much wear as it wasn't particularly looking black or white any longer. Sew Over It offer a class in making their Ultimate Wrap Dress, but unfortunately, I couldn't make the dates for the upcoming class. So, instead I bought a copy of their pattern, and now have this hanging in my wardrobe...

This was a great dress to make - it was reasonably quick to sew up and the instructions were very clear to follow. I think there will be some more of these made in the coming months...

No comments:

Post a Comment