Tuesday 17 February 2015

Sydney sojourn...


I recently returned from three lovely weeks in Sydney...although I have no photos to show for it, apart from this of the lovely flowering gum in my mother's garden which always times bursting into bloom with my visit.

As usual, the time seemed to go past so quickly. Three glorious weeks of spending time with family and catching up with friends (including a quick overnight trip to Brisbane) and before I knew it, it was time to head home to the UK.

I have a few projects stacked up here for which I need to start developing an action plan...

  • After months of searching on ebay, I have finally found the perfect size glass fronted cabinet for the bathroom. Soon to receive a new lease of life with some ASCP.
  • The surprise purchase of four dining chairs - I have long planned to update my existing ikea versions, but was undecided as to what to choose (I toyed with the idea of antique bentwood chairs for a long while). A fortuitous search on gumtree just after I arrived home resulted in the acquisition of four faux bamboo Chippendale style chairs. So, in addition to repainting, I will also be trying my hand at re-upholstering for the first time...
  • I have another embroidery course coming up at Hampton Court Palace this coming weekend so have been busy finishing off one of my other projects.
  • Finally, after many months of waiting, the landscape gardener is coming this week to rid my front garden of all of the horrible rocks, and build some proper garden beds for me. Hurrah! Just in time for some spring planting.
Now I just need to get started...

No comments:

Post a Comment