Saturday 28 April 2012

A London Saturday...in pictures...

It is raining here today...again...It has been raining for most of the week, yet for some unknown reason, apparently parts of England are in the grip of a drought...we have hosepipe bans and everything...


Despite loving nothing better than hibernating at home on a rainy weekend day, I had a few reasons to be out and about this Saturday...so I brought my camera with me so capture my day in and around a rainy London-town...


No underground trains at my end of the District Line this weekend, so the day started with waiting for a bus in Kew to take me to Richmond for more transport options...

...waiting for the overground train at Richmond...

...approaching Festival Hall from Waterloo...

First call for the day...sitting in on a London Philharmonic Orchestra rehearsal at Festival Hall...

...we watched the rehearsal for this evening's performance (Tchaikovsky 4 and Mozart Piano Concerto No. 1)...followed by a glass of champagne in Skylon...

...looking out at this rainy, but lovely view...

Braving the wind and rain while crossing the Thames...


...then back onto the Tube for the trip north-west to Ladbroke Grove...

...where you experience a little more of the gritty, urban side of London...

...and where I quickly popped to Golborne Road to collect some Annie Sloan paint and wax that had been on order from when I attended the painting workshop a few weeks ago...


...then it was back on the Tube and then a bus to help me on my way home...a short walk across Kew Green, and then the chance to dry-off and warm up a little at home!


I hope you are all enjoying your weekends...rainy and otherwise!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos....here's hoping this rain goes away very soon, I'm not holding my breath though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I don't even think rain could keep me from getting around London! How I am dying to go back! Lovely photos! Thank you for sharing your day with us Annie :)

    ReplyDelete