Thursday 15 November 2012

Central Park in the autumn...


After a week of procrastination, I have finally managed to upload and edit some photos of New York...I thought I had best do this ASAP before my little holiday feels like a distant memory!

First up - Central Park (pre Hurricane Sandy). I was hoping for a really gorgeous autumn display, but I think I was possibly a few weeks early. There were many lovely golden shades of leaves, but not many trees had started to yet take on the lovely autumnal russet hues. That said, by the time I left New York the park was still closed while they cleared the storm damage - and I imagine that many of these lovely trees were denuded of their leaves in the strong winds...so I am feeling grateful I managed to squeeze in this afternoon walk through the park during my first few days...







It was such a lovely way to spend the afternoon that it has re-inspired me to spend some more time appreciating the changing seasons in London's parks...

No comments:

Post a Comment