Saturday 20 December 2014

The first cottage Christmas...


So it is nearly Christmas - the first for me in this little Victorian cottage. The last three weekends and weeknight evenings have been spent finishing off the last bout of re-decorating for the year. Consequently, there hasn't been a great deal of Christmas trimming completed. But the essentials are in place - a wreath for the front door, and a tree.

The wreath is from Home Sense, to which I added the burlap ribbon....


In the past few weeks I've managed to banish the dark olive green paint that used to grace the sitting room. It has also received the Little Greene treatment - this time I used Inox (224). There are many elements to still work through in the room, but at least there is now a neutral and relaxing background.

I finally had the chimney sweep visit two weeks ago, so now I'm in the process of learning to light fires that manage to burn longer than 30 minutes - its an evolving process.


It certainly helps to add a festive element to the sitting room...

No comments:

Post a Comment