Monday, 12 September 2011

Sewing summer skirts...the conclusion

Back in one of my early posts I described that I was in the process of sewing some simple summer skirts to take with me to Cornwall.

Well, the weather didn't co-operate particularly well, but both skirts got at least one wear each...and they are now biding their time patiently in the cupboard until they get another chance to come out and play when I fly to Sydney next January.

Here are the before and after images...

The first was using Simplicity 9825. I used a lovely taupe eyelet fabric that I bought from the Cloth House in Soho, and then used a plain white poly-cotton for the lining.
I tend not to like my skirts fitting around my waist, so generally make them so they sit about 2 inches below my natural waist line.

The second skirt was made using Butterick 6834 - for this I used a navy cotton chino fabric. I think I was being nautically inspired and decided to make it a little more interesting by adding two rows of trim to the bottom - a fine navy/white stripe and some white rik-rak.

 Voila - the finished products! (now I just need to start working my way through the rest of my fabric stash)

No comments:

Post a Comment