Sunday 15 January 2012

Finishing...completing...

There is nothing like being about to head off on holidays to encourage one to finally complete the various craft projects that are lying around one's sitting room...I really don't want to come back in 3 weeks and find them still sitting here!

So, I turned up my productivity level a notch and finally finished...

A new cushion for the French arm-chair

Isn't the fabric gorgeous? I thought the room could do with a few more touches of colour and I managed to obtain a metre of this fabric from a friend in Brisbane who was selling off her stash. I have a little bit left so I'm trying to decide what to use it for...

I also finally finished sewing together the little fair-isle knitted cardigan I started back in the summer. The pattern is from Debbie Bliss' Simply Baby pattern book. It was my first attempt at fair-isle and I'm reasonably pleased with how it turned out, but not sure if I'll be attempting another fair-isle project for a little while - following the pattern did not prove to be too complicated, but continually unravelling 8 balls of coloured wool was extremely tedious!

Actually, as you can see this isn't quite finished - I still need to get some tiny buttons to sew on...but that doesn't feel like nearly as much of a 'job' as getting it sewn together seemed!

Now, onto thinking about packing....which given the widely varying temperatures that Sydney is experiencing, is probably going to test my resolution to pack minimally...

No comments:

Post a Comment