Sunday 2 October 2011

The village market...

I am very fortunate to live in a very pretty, sleepy corner of London. Despite only being half an hour from the centre of London, I live in what amounts to a small village - both in size, but also in atmosphere.

Building on the notion of a small community, today saw the lauch of the Kew Village Market. Initially it is being held monthly for the coming 3 months, but I'm hoping it will become an ongoing event.
They closed off the centre of the village to traffic and there was a range of stalls selling produce, craft items, jewellry, and of course some sweet delights...

Added to the fact that London is enjoying the most beautiful weekend of weather. Two full days of complete sunshine, cloudless blue skies and warm temperatures meant that wandering around the market this morning was a lovely way to while away some time on a Sunday morning...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for showing me some glimpses of London. I miss my Saturday morning walks up Northcote Road, Battersea.
    Cheers
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete