Sunday 16 October 2011

Weekend mornings...

What a lovely, restful, rejuvenating weekend I am having. The last two mornings I have spent like this...
Saturday dawned as such a beautiful morning (and the fabulous weather continued all day). It was so lovely I was inspired to take myself for a walk along the Thames path in this little corner of south-west London where I live - this path is literally only a 5 minute walk from my flat, but one of the places I keep forgetting to appreciate. There were a lot of people out running, cycling, walking dogs, and lots of rowing boats on the river (which you can just catch a glimpse of in the gap in the trees ...I would have taken more photos, but the camera battery went flat). I will have to hope for an equally lovely morning in the coming weekends so I can share more pictures with you.

Saturday afternoon and evening were spent in a lovely old church in South Kensington, tucked in just behind the Royal Albert Hall. I play in the London Doctor's Orchestra and we had our autumn concert last night (Mozart Vespers and Tchaikovsky 5th symphony) - apart from being inside, and not outside enjoying the beautiful sunshine, it was a great way to spend the day - the orchestra is one of those things that helps me keep a positive balance between work and the rest of my life.

Sunday morning was spent like this...

A much softer, misty start to the day today... and a nice time to spend in the kitchen making my first ever batch of granola to take to work for breakfast (I leave the house too early to be bothered with breakfast at home, and have been getting a bit tired of yoghurt which is my standard breakfast fare). So, now I have some lovely toasty granola to take with me to work each day (recipie courtesy of Sophie Dahl's cookbook).

I'm off to have afternoon tea with a friend this afternoon whose flat has a view of the Thames so that will be a nice way to while away the afternoon, followed by church in the evening...and not forgetting my compulsive Sunday night viewing of Downton Abbey...

No comments:

Post a Comment